Sunday, November 28, 2021

SIL Hebrew Keyboard is highly recommended!

 


        I have always loved SIL keyboard since I installed the software on my laptop. However, for two years, I could not find anything similar to SIL keyboard on iPhone. 

        Thank God, it is now possible to install the SIL keyboard. This is how you do it:

1) Go to App Store on iPhone or Play Store on Android phones. Look for Keyman. Install Keyman on your laptop. Once you get this screen, click on (1) and (2) 



After downloading, if you click on Keyman app, you will see this screen. This is like a simple Word file for you to type anything in a language that you choose. Click on the three dots on the top right corner. You will see "SETTINGS." Click SETTINGS followed by INSTALLED LANGUAGES. You can then choose what language you are looking for. For Hebrew, look for ANCIENT HEBREW. For Greek, I suggest ANCIENT GREEK (to 1453). 

Once you have installed the languages, click on the globe icon just next to the space bar. Choose the language that you want to use to type. 

 





2) Once you have installed Keyman on your phone, and now you want the keyboard to be used for other apps, you need to go to the SETTINGS on your mobile phone. In the case of iPhone, it will appear like this after I clicked on SETTINGS. 



3) Next, I click on GENERAL. This will give me this page: 




4) Choose and click KEYBOARD. This screen will appear. Click on the word KEYBOARDS. 



5) You will see that I have installed a few keyboards in the past. I have just added KEYMAN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES.  Just click it to install. 




After that, you should be able to type Hebrew or Greek on Signal, Whatsapp or any other app that you have. 

I hope the above helps. As I managed to install the keyboard after some trials and errors, I may not remember every step. Try to play around with the app to learn how to use it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's learn to sing in Hebrew

  Sing "This is the Day" in Hebrew this Sunday at church.          For those who know how to read Hebrew, this is a very simple ve...